Facebook

» Online Users: 67

0 members and 67 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Constrictors Northwest

www.constrictorsnw.com
    Ed Lilley
    constrictorsnw@yahoo.com

Constrictors Northwest, run by Ed Lilley.

I have been keeping and breeding boas and pythons seriously for 18 years. It isn't just a business to me, It's a bit of an obsession...LOL... I specialize in boa constrictors, mostly morphs but also some locality boas. The variability in boas is just tough to beat. So many colors patterns and sizes there seems to be something for everyone. I also dabble in pythons, I have bred many types of pythons over the years.

I am really excited about doing some projects with some of these morphs and locality morphs. What we are working on is making smaller morphs that are easier to keep. I am crossing some of the Central american morphs with other morphs in an effort to make a smaller morph with cleaner patterns, and better colors that is easier to keep with diverse blood lines that are strong. It's all about makeing a better boa morph.. I try NOT to inbreed, I think this ia something more folks should look into.

T+ Nicaraguans, these are fantastic, they don't get large, but are still active snakes, the colors are so unusual, It blows me away to think where you could go with this color morph. I have a small select group of these as well as hypo hets. CA boas aren't all nasty tempered. I have a few feisty ones but 9 out of 10 are just as gentle as other boa types.

Hogs, I have always loved Hog Island boas they have such a unique look to them. After years of working with them and breeding them I am getting back into testing some of my theories about their color being it's own morph type. This group of boas populating Cayos De Los Cochinos seems to all be a super form of hypo, different than a normal classic hypo but a hypo no less. I believe they have become super hypos over many generations by being trapped on the keys they originate from.

I have bred a patternless gene hog with a motley this season and she ovulated on January 10th. I wonder what they will turn out like and where the project will go. Only time will tell.

This female Hog was bred by a super salmon jungle male, she ovulated Jan 12th. I can only imagine what a salmon jungle hog will look like and what will a super salmon jungle hog look like in the future?? triple super?? Will the strength of the hog blood make super jungles more viable? So many ways to go with the project I'm sure the colors will be off of the charts.

Another litter due is a Nicaraguan hypo female that was bred to a Nicaraguan male 100% het T+. Not really to worried about the T+ gene in this one I was really just shooting for some nice hypo nics here, but possibilities of T+ genes don't hurt. This female is extremly gentle even while gravid..
    No she does not live in the tub none of my breeder live in tubs..

Joe Dau and I are working on a Paradigm project with a female Pastel het Caramel and some male sharp albinos. They have been copulating but no ovulation just yet.

More to come later.
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

Check my available snakes at this link:
    http://www.reptileinsider.com/classi...panamared.html

I rejoined facebook... I don't feel good about it...

[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Update Female Pastel Het BW Caramel has ovulated and is looking quite plump!!
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Due dates.. I try not to figure out the due dates to early because it just makes me more anxious to see those babies, but i have gone and figured them out..

Hypo Nicaraguans 50% het T+ albino due: April 1st.

Motley Hogs from our Patternless line hog female bred to a normal motley male.. Due: May 16th

Jungle hypo Hogs from a male super salmon jungle bred to a nice looking Hog female due: May 17th

Those hogs are going to drop pretty close to each other!

Pastel Paradigms Produced from the Pastel het BW Caramel bred to the sharp albino due: June 24th - She may have ovulated a second time that could push the due date out a few days, hopefully she will give us a shed so we can zero in on the date a little better..
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE:

Plans for this coming 2011- 2012 season

Zebra Jungle carpets from a few different select bloodline Jungle females and our Zebra male. Should get some fantastic Zebras Bred for color, as well some great looking jungle carpets from top lines out crossed with the German Zebra bloodlines.

Carmel Jags, Carmel male X 75% IJ jag female this should really punch the red up.

Albino Carpets, Male and female hets are ready to go..

88% IJ jags, Male 75% IJ jag X my 2002 Irian Jaya Female that has produced so may great looking IJ's

Pure Jungle carpets, I may be pairing a pair of striped Vandevetner Jungles this season as well as a possible pairing of beautiful Ivory jungles.

Aru Green tree pythons, no "designer" crosses just breeding for pure Aru's and nice high white offspring. We'll see what happens.

T+ albino Red Bloods, My gorgous T+ red blood female from Ash Lopez is going to get a visit from a select VPI T+ male. I hope to get some baby bloods as gently tempered as my female red.

May be a few other things coming as well I don't know jut yet what will happen but will update as things start to happen.
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

[/I]

Thread Information