Facebook

» Online Users: 88

0 members and 88 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuttingEdge View Post

What did the original pics look like before they were photoshopped? I'd like to get an idea of just how much color is going into these pics. Can you post those?
    Jason Gonzalez

Post Thanks / Like

Photo editing, in order to correct an image to be as close to the real life animal is one thing...... Enhancing an image to add properties that arent there are another thing entirely...

We've all experienced the challenges boas especially pose when trying to capture the beauty of a boa..... It is almost impossible to give the viewer a perfect representation of the animal in person.......

I support legitimate editing..... it is somewhat of an art in itself.... and there are a great deal of factors that can come into play....

The editor really needs to be careful, to make sure the monitor used during the diting process is properly calibrated.... I've seen more bad editing jobs done because the monitor was off......

WIth the software available.... all that is really necessary nowadays is a crisp and clear exposure shot in RAW..... you can pretty much bring a clear shot to the proper color balance with a little work..... Professional photographers use these tools..... and face it..... Boa photos sell your snakes.... I think photography is a skill that must be learned by people in this business.... But like JB said....... this ability needs to be used ethically...... it's pretty obvious though when things arent right.....

We all know what these snakes are supposed to look like.....

If I take a photo and edit it till it looks almost as good as it does in person.... then I'm happy
    [CENTER][SIZE="5"][FONT="Times New Roman"][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.surinamboas.com/"]Visit SURINAMBOAS.COM[/URL][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Default We have to agree....

It is always nice to leave your photos as they download from your camera for the most part. We have always liked the fact that people are more impressed in person as well. We feel like pics are just for the most part an idea of what the animal looks like. Some people can take great pics and some not so much but a photoshopped pic is not something we want to see. The pic of the orange motley we have posted has been accused of being photoshopped but Erin B can attest to it's original form as she was the photographer. Bottom line deal with honest people and that do good business and you will continue to get what you pay for. There are a lot of top notch guys on this forum so in our opinion you do not have to look too far for most any animal that you are looking for.
    Zach Bevens and Matt Olsen
    A Cut Above Reptiles
    check out our new web page
    www.acutabovereptiles.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Photoshopping boa pics?

Quote Originally Posted by KuttingEdge View Post
    But what if you lack the equipment or skills to depict what the animals really look like. What if you are selling a 1K boa but are shooting with a $199.00 camera that is not equiped to show whats really there?

I'm a prime example of somebody with a very inexpensive camera, Canon Powershot A560
    doing his best to accurately portray his subjects , my Boas

Most of my Images fall very short of portraying my subject accurately

I can attempt to adjust slightly using Auto correct or try a manual adjustment
    a little brightness, a little contrast, a little color adjustment
    performed using the Microsoft office Picture Manager

Normally the Images still fall short

The other day I was so pleased when I was finally able to portray a Boa of mine
    completely accurately when I posted these Images

Untouched versions of these Images are muted lacking proper color. To me it
    looks like there is a piece of silk thrown over the top of the picture

The finished product is an entirely accurate depiction of my prize Boa

Plus if you focus on the grass(crab grass) its a perfectly dark dull green color
    like its supposed to be

ha ha I trimmed that grass with scissors also , I always tidy up my stage

So I was very pleased to finally at last show some good looking Boa pictures
    to my fellow Boa enthusiasts and Forum friends

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this photoshopped in a bad way??????

We did a trade for a sunglow last year and when we asked for a picture of the sunglow this is the one we were sent.

we received the animal and he looks nothing like the picture except for the fact it is the same snake. LOL Here are two pics I just took.
    with flash

without flash

We use a Kodak Easyshare C190 12 megapixel 5X zoom 35-175mm equivalent
    We know nothing about photography so all pics that we take are just point, shoot, and download. Some are not that great but some come out pretty good.
    Zach Bevens and Matt Olsen
    A Cut Above Reptiles
    check out our new web page
    www.acutabovereptiles.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGonzalez View Post
    What did the original pics look like before they were photoshopped? I'd like to get an idea of just how much color is going into these pics. Can you post those?
    Sure not a prob, I do not have the original photo of the box pic a it was a pic I shot for Brandon at his request and deleted the original. But here was that entire shoot that day I shot and posted this animal.

Pic posted on RI that day

http://www.reptileinsider.com/showthread.php?t=19682

cropped in closer to show the eyes, same photo

Untouched Hi-res photo and I'm willing to email it (kuttklose@hotmail.com) to anyone who wants to put it in lightroom to show the full metadata of the pis.

All right out the camera. I'm a good photographer but to make a boa look consistent in every way in everyshot almost requires miraclous skills in photoshop.

I'd be the last one to chime in and argue with many of you about when the best time to introduce a boa should be or how many days after post ov you should expect a litter.

In that same token I've taken 3 semesters of various forms of photography and trust me when I tell you, you can come here shoulder to shoulder with me, you take the shot with your camera and I take mine and at the end of the session when we upload our pics onto the same monitor with you over my shoulders, my photos will instantly look worlds apart, perhaps in your opinion inferior to yours, but worlds apart nonetheless i guarantee it.

I do not use photoshop to make a drab boa spectacluar. I'd be fooling only myself and the truth will smack me in the face everyday when I open the cage.
    Alex Burgos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LarM View Post
    I'm a prime example of somebody with a very inexpensive camera, Canon Powershot A560
    doing his best to accurately portray his subjects , my Boas

Most of my Images fall very short of portraying my subject accurately

I can attempt to adjust slightly using Auto correct or try a manual adjustment
    a little brightness, a little contrast, a little color adjustment
    performed using the Microsoft office Picture Manager

Normally the Images still fall short

The other day I was so pleased when I was finally able to portray a Boa of mine
    completely accurately when I posted these Images

Untouched versions of these Images are muted lacking proper color. To me it
    looks like there is a piece of silk thrown over the top of the picture

The finished product is an entirely accurate depiction of my prize Boa

Plus if you focus on the grass(crab grass) its a perfectly dark dull green color
    like its supposed to be

ha ha I trimmed that grass with scissors also , I always tidy up my stage

So I was very pleased to finally at last show some good looking Boa pictures
    to my fellow Boa enthusiasts and Forum friends
    I see what you’re saying Larry. As a non photographer that flash or sunspot on the head of you boas pics is of no consequence to you for you feel that the photo represents a fair and accurate representation of your boa. However, as a photographer I would of shot from a different angle to avoid that flash to the head and perhaps when you saw the photo you might of thought, well in that shading my boa looks less contrasty or the yellow is not right? my point is that you and your camera fell short as I doubt you boa is in your cage right now emitting a flare of light from its head, I've sure it just has a lighter head that make it prone to light reflection but my point is did you accurately take a photo with that flaw? In a classroom or publishers office I'd guess that needs to be edited out a little?
    Alex Burgos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asnakesview View Post
    We did a trade for a sunglow last year and when we asked for a picture of the sunglow this is the one we were sent.

we received the animal and he looks nothing like the picture except for the fact it is the same snake. LOL Here are two pics I just took.
    with flash

without flash

We use a Kodak Easyshare C190 12 megapixel 5X zoom 35-175mm equivalent
    We know nothing about photography so all pics that we take are just point, shoot, and download. Some are not that great but some come out pretty good.
    Many sunglows and albinos have more contrast and red as babies. With age they can lose the contrast and red if they were not a selectively bred sunglow or were sibs that didn't take the trait. I believe this was a case of what Jeff mentioned earlier, the pic provided to you was outdated. I can look at the original and tell you it was not a product of a photoshop genius. The seller used to best photo he had to make the deal. I'm sure he'll say its right out the camera folks, does that make it accurate or true to life? Well I guess you can answer that now and that was my purpose of this thread from the begining.
    Alex Burgos

Post Thanks / Like

First of all let me say, great thread Alex!
    But I was kind of scared to reply because I've got a lot to say about this subject but it's hard if the Dutch words to that fast in my head and I have to get them out in English

Here it goes ... 'Hi I'm Robbert and I use Photoshop in all my photos'

I shoot everything in RAW and Jpeg-fine, I don't use the RAW versions for my Boas but I always open everything automatically in Photoshop. I correct any over exposures and perhaps a little smart sharpen (for a motion blur) on an eye to get a good focus point in the photo. I also resize every single photo I make in Photoshop.

In my opinion I'm editing the photo, not the animal in it. I use Photoshop on a daily base as well, not only for my photos but also for my website work and other assignments for both clients and education. Everybody who uses it on a daily base will know what the possibilities are ... for an extreme example I can make a perfect looking Anery boa into the best looking Sunglow out there ... or the most pale looking Pastel into the most colorfull one you've ever seen. An Piebald Boa is also a possibility ...

But when you're really editing the Boas on the photo ... who are you trying to fool When you're doing this to photos made for the sale of your Boas you're crossing the line BIG TIME!

The really funny thing is ... if I want to make my Boas look better I don't have to use Photoshop at all. All the photographers out here will know what I mean ... simply adjusting some settings can make a huge difference !!!

I often see 'over the top edited' photos, (not just here, but this is something you'll find anywhere on the internet), once you know what the possibilities are you can easily pick them out, most of the time I just laugh about it and go on ...

Again, great thread Alex!
    Regards,
    Robbert

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    I shoot everything in RAW and Jpeg-fine, I don't use the RAW versions for my Boas but I always open everything automatically in Photoshop. I correct any over exposures and perhaps a little smart sharpen (for a motion blur) on an eye to get a good focus point in the photo. I also resize every single photo I make in Photoshop.

But when you're really editing the Boas on the photo ... who are you trying to fool When you're doing this to photos made for the sale of your Boas you're crossing the line BIG TIME!

The really funny thing is ... if I want to make my Boas look better I don't have to use Photoshop at all. All the photographers out here will know what I mean ... simply adjusting some settings can make a huge difference !!!

I often see 'over the top edited' photos, (not just here, but this is something you'll find anywhere on the internet), once you know what the possibilities are you can easily pick them out, most of the time I just laugh about it and go on ...
    Exactly! We all have eyes and can tell when something just can't be.
    Alex Burgos

Thread Information