Facebook

» Online Users: 89

0 members and 89 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyudsai View Post
    First off.... Im very sorry for your loss... that was an amazing boa.... Dont feel responsible.... you know complications happed during pregnancy.... There isnt anything you could've done...

it looks like there's some hemmorhaging toward the tail in the first pic... around the slugs.... very odd how theyre all stuck together.... I wouldve thought they would be separated.... Bummer man.... it happens to the best of us..
    It is hard not second guess yourself....but after what I saw when she was opened up, there would have been nothing that I could have done...just sucks when you lose an animal like her.

Quote Originally Posted by boakid View Post
    Joel
    Dont feel bad it happens. I loss a 9'ft. 35lb. Sipperly female while gravid two seasons ago.

Here she is while gravid

I also felt really bad.
    Yeah that one would burn as well...nothing makes it easier when you know that you are making these boas work for whatever motivation you have for putting them together

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Joel, this is one of the unfortunate parts of this hobby. None of us have any control over these things. I am truly sorry for your loss, my friend.
    Thanks bro! I appreciate your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    You're right this was out of your hands. Normally my first reaction would be: overfed, malnourished, or something having to do with inadequate care (especially when it comes to power feeding). But knowing your level of expertise and dedication rules out any negative suggestions. And because of the person that you are this has had an immediate impact on me. I am sorry for you, bro.

Take care of yourself.
    I am completely fine just a bummer of a day, I had a felling that this was not going to end well for Hammer head....Nothing I could have done.

Thanks Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyudsai View Post
    Joel... was that mess of slugs really foul smelling???
    Not over powering but not an odor that I would want to eat a pizza around, I think the mass near the vent had already gone septic as it was much softer and more moist.

Quote Originally Posted by KuttingEdge View Post
    Joel I'm so sorry to hear that. I know you are left wondering "what if..." etc. This was entirely not your fault and seems to be part of the risks involved in breeding. I've lost herps in the past, circa 1996 I lost a trio of what was then rare leucistic lopard geckos except at that time is was a stupid error on my part. Aside from the huge financial loss I felt so sad I was responsible for these animals deaths. I was left with "what if?" In my case what if applied, I could of prevented the deaths but in your case there was just no way to help it. My condolences bro.
    Oh yeah I can remember the ones that I lost due to something that I did directly...those certainly were much more to deal with than one that dies that was destined to do so....thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SignatureSnakes View Post
    Joel - I am sooo sorry to hear this. We all know that you are one of the most passionate boa keepers we have here and no one would assume you did anything wrong. I am very sorry for your loss and we will all miss her.

RIP Hammerhead
    Yep RIP Hammer head!

She will be missed, as I really wanted to bring her genes into a project or two...
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking.

Joel Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PanamaRed View Post
    I'm Sorry to hear that Joel.. It sucks but it does happen and there isn't much we can do about it.

There looks to be something wrong with those slugs, they look stuck together in a hardened mass. I would guess they have been that way for a bit and maybe a possibility it went septic. That guess come from losing a hog female with a similar issue years back, she had still borns that had rotted in along with the slugs lumped up in masses. They had the a hardened feel like gummy worms.
    Ed, I think as you and I talked yesterday we both kind of knew that there was something not right...just always hope for the best

Yeah the slugs (all but 3) were in two large masses and the one nearest the vent was certainly septic...I dug everything out and searched for ant viable eggs, if there ever was any they had long since spoiled and were not identifiable.

This one stung a bit but I have known for a couple of months now that she was just not the Hammer head that you, Ashley and I knew.

RIP Hammer head.
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking.

Joel Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Joel for those that don't know hammerhead well..can you shed a little light on her history.....
    Alex Burgos

Post Thanks / Like

very sorry to hear man. after reading alot of your posts i know that you did your best to give her the best life possible. dont beat yourself up over it.
    [URL="Theboaspot.com"]Theboaspot.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Very sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences and the autopsy , it is something I have never seen and was quite amazed to see the yellow masses.

Hope you never have to experience something like that again
    Mitch Kranz
    http://www.BetterBoa.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default DAMN!! (Graphic)

Joel all I can say is that I'm really sorry you and hammerhead had this serious trouble.
    I know how it can break your heart.
    I've lost a few beautiful fems in the ovulation process over the years
    Not in the actuall birth process yet though
    Sorry for the loss Joel

Post Thanks / Like

Terribly sorry for your loss. Don't beat yourself up. In reading your posts, it's pretty clear that if there are any lessons to learn here, you will learn and apply them. If there aren't any, you'll regroup and carry on.

Best wishes.
    Ken Baumgarten, Mainely Boas

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your loss Joel, rest easy knowing it was no fault of yours.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your pet loss.Show some pictures and tell us about her.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for your loss, Joel. It's always a sad day when you lose an animal close to you, especially if you put a lot of care in them...it really kills the rhythm of the day. Just make sure you take a valuable lesson out of the whole thing, and apply what you learn to your snakes for the future. Keep doing what you do!

- Ali

Thread Information