Facebook

» Online Users: 93

1 members and 92 guests
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Man that sucks Joel. As others have said it was no fault of your own so keep your head up and best of luck on the rest of your season!

Jason Gonzalez

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss......

Put your whip away this wasn't your fault.........

I am not convinced they are slugs at all. That looks like a big abscess to me Joel... If it was malodorous It very well could be............
    Vaya con Dios,
    Buddy Young

Post Thanks / Like

I am very sorry for your loss .. I can understand how you feel .. I lost 3 years ago from one day to another my wc surinam female during the mating period, We simply can not see into the animals to know what happens
    www.boa-c.de

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gottabsleeved View Post
    Sorry for your pet loss.Show some pictures and tell us about her.
    Agreed, I admit so many animals are posted on here at times its hard to keep up. From reading the thread it seems a few members had intimate knowledge of Hammerhead but some of us don't.
    Alex Burgos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuttingEdge View Post
    Hey Joel for those that don't know hammerhead well..can you shed a little light on her history.....
    Alex I will get something put together describing this once great beast, I appreciate the suggestion....give the whole thing some dignity

Quote Originally Posted by truss View Post
    very sorry to hear man. after reading alot of your posts i know that you did your best to give her the best life possible. dont beat yourself up over it.
    Thanks for your input....we will all go through things like this whether we breed or keep for pleasure....such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by mack1time View Post
    Very sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences and the autopsy , it is something I have never seen and was quite amazed to see the yellow masses.

Hope you never have to experience something like that again
    Thanks Mitch, I had to know what was going on....I am not medically trained in the least but it was pretty obvious that things were not right and were the problem was.

Quote Originally Posted by LarM View Post
    Joel all I can say is that I'm really sorry you and hammerhead had this serious trouble.
    I know how it can break your heart.
    I've lost a few beautiful fems in the ovulation process over the years
    Not in the actuall birth process yet though
    Sorry for the loss Joel
    We as keepers will all face things like this, yes it made for a bummer of a day but I am right back at it today and feeding the collection of boas that bring me such pleasure....thanks Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Terribly sorry for your loss. Don't beat yourself up. In reading your posts, it's pretty clear that if there are any lessons to learn here, you will learn and apply them. If there aren't any, you'll regroup and carry on.

Best wishes.
    Thank you for your kind words....the other boas are keeping me busy today

Quote Originally Posted by LeighJIII View Post
    Sorry for your loss Joel, rest easy knowing it was no fault of yours.
    Thanks Leigh, I felt much better after the autopsy and seeing the septic masses and that there were no viable babies....glad I did that.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabsleeved View Post
    Sorry for your pet loss.Show some pictures and tell us about her.
    I will get a post put together and hopefully others who owned her will contribute some information....thanks bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss, Joel. It's always a sad day when you lose an animal close to you, especially if you put a lot of care in them...it really kills the rhythm of the day. Just make sure you take a valuable lesson out of the whole thing, and apply what you learn to your snakes for the future. Keep doing what you do!

- Ali
    Yeah certainly made for a bummer of a day....I think the only lesson would be one of a humbling and gracious nature as I keep these boas and "ask" them to breed for my pleasure....putting there health at risk....bitter sweet.
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking.

Joel Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGonzalez View Post
    Man that sucks Joel. As others have said it was no fault of your own so keep your head up and best of luck on the rest of your season!

Yeah I felt much better after I saw what was going on inside and that there were no babies....Thanks Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by BoaBud View Post
    So sorry for your loss......

Put your whip away this wasn't your fault.........

I am not convinced they are slugs at all. That looks like a big abscess to me Joel... If it was malodorous It very well could be............
    You are probably correct, The mass nearest her vent was a very different consistency and appeared to be a puss filled lump, the second mass was a large lump of slugs that were all stuck together. No way was she ever going to deliver that stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Boaconmania View Post
    I am very sorry for your loss .. I can understand how you feel .. I lost 3 years ago from one day to another my wc surinam female during the mating period, We simply can not see into the animals to know what happens
    I appreciate it Theo, it is always a hard pill to swallow to lose these great animals we have......thanks for your words.

Quote Originally Posted by KuttingEdge View Post
    Agreed, I admit so many animals are posted on here at times its hard to keep up. From reading the thread it seems a few members had intimate knowledge of Hammerhead but some of us don't.
    I will get something up
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking.

Joel Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

Joel sorry to hear about your loss, like other have said it was not fault of the keeper.

RIP Hammerhead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasmay View Post
    Joel sorry to hear about your loss, like other have said it was not fault of the keeper.

RIP Hammerhead.
    Thank you sir.

Joel Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

I'm truly sorry about your loss.

We all know it is one of possible risks that we take when breeding
    =================================
    Lord, if you can't make me a better man, that's ok.
    I'm having a real good time, as is.
    =================================

Post Thanks / Like

Crap Man!!!!!! That sucks. I'll call you later this evening when I drop my little man off.

So sorry Joel

Kevin

Thread Information