Facebook

» Online Users: 89

0 members and 89 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

JB.. yes, somewhat. I'd say 35-40% of my BCC females have gone through a fatter period, whereas 75-80% of my BCI females go through that stage. The BCC tend to be older at that point.. say 24-36 months (but mind you, mine are the same size as a 1-2 year old BCI at that time). The BCC that stay lean as juveniles develop well later on in life. The BCI that stay lean as juveniles tend to take more work (exercise and more food) to grow normally and develop good muscle tone down the road.

ALL of my Amarali would get fat and stay fat if I were to allow it, lol. But at the same time, they are all incredibly muscular from birth. I keep them as lean as possible at any age, and they never have a problem growing like weeds or developing tons of muscle as adults.

Male BCI and BCC.. they just don't go through that fatter stage around here. It's happened maybe once or twice, and the fat didn't stay as long as it does on a female.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PanamaRed View Post
    It seemed like a productive thread from the start to me, some ad somewhere else really doesn't matter here. If we are not pointing fingers at someone, but talking about fat boas, and someone else somewhere else happens to have an ad for fat boas they will have to roll with the punches like everyone else on the planet...
    An ad triggered my memory and reminded me that I wanted to get some other folks perspective on this. I've asked this question before on other forums and I figured it was time to see what a different group of people thought.

This wasn't started as a way to call anyone out, in fact in the original post I stated:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Brady View Post
    NO NAMES OR REFERENCES TO PEOPLE, ADS, OR SPECIFIC ANIMALS, PLEASE
    I don't know how much more blatant I could have been in my attempts to AVOID calling someone out. I didn't even hint at a specific person by referencing their stock, or anything known about them. And I certainly didn't then insinuate anything false about them or their animals either.

Not sure where this thread rubbed folks the wrong way. I thought we were just talking about big fat boas! Afterall, that was the original purpose of the thread.

Larry and Nicole, thanks for the clarification!

Nicole, do you have any plans for that big Guyana female (I can't remember her damn name to save my life right now)? Any chance that male you picked up from Mike is going to get his chance with her? If so, toss my name on the list. In the first slot, if you don't mind. No, no, no. Not THAT first slot, the first slot before YOU!

jb

Post Thanks / Like

Cold rolled steel....this LTC girl is right at 8' and IMO perfect body weight for a Bcc.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking.

Joel Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Use of the word "fat" to describe a boa

Quote Originally Posted by PanamaRed View Post
    Some of the posts here seem to be baiting posts.. If your trying to get under someones skin it's baiting.. it is against the rules here on RI..

PLEASE DON"T DO IT!

If it isn't productive getting somewhere or in good fun for both people don't put it in type. We don't need it to go there...

It seemed like a productive thread from the start to me, some ad somewhere else really doesn't matter here. If we are not pointing fingers at someone, but talking about fat boas, and someone else somewhere else happens to have an ad for fat boas they will have to roll with the punches like everyone else on the planet...

Maybe they want to do a note to self "fat boas" might be a bad idea for advertising.. unless it's PH fat...LOL....

Thanks, Ed
    Just so we are certain this was not meant as a bait
    I'm talking about my collection of "Colombian type Boas" sorry but you know what I mean
    that's why I apologized immediately

I want to make sure I clear the air

For me the water is over the Dam and under the bridge . . . . . "By Gones"

I think this thread can be a very good perspective on how different people
    approach feeding or what is considered a healthy appearing Boa

Also if in the long run that healthy appearance actually is better

I'm interested in the whole subject

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Thomas View Post
    Cold rolled steel....this LTC girl is right at 8' and IMO perfect body weight for a Bcc.

Joel, if that was a Guyana, I'd be harassing you daily for her She's just BEAUTIFUL!

jb

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Brady View Post
    Joel, if that was a Guyana, I'd be harassing you daily for her She's just BEAUTIFUL!

jb

Okay she is a Guyana A nice Bcc that will stay here for a while.
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking.

Joel Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

When I first seen this it sounded great. Remembering back I would have gave anything to see more discusions and pictures. Matter of fact , thats why this site became my 2nd home, was able to get lots of questions like this answerd, even though most of the other folks here (at that time) were well versed in husbandry. Now days it still seems like a good idea since snakes may vary. Does color change anyones perspective of size?

Figure if I were a snake I would want to be a black mamba, or indigo since dark colors are slimming
    ed in Ohio

Post Thanks / Like

Just so we are certain this was not meant as a bait
    I wasn't worried about your post Larry.. Your good to go Joking and baiting are 2 different things..
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

Check my available snakes at this link:
    http://www.reptileinsider.com/classi...panamared.html

I rejoined facebook... I don't feel good about it...

[/I]

Thread Information