Facebook

» Online Users: 86

0 members and 86 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Very Bad Injury....Need Advice!!!

Well....
    Apparently yesterday when I went bow hunting, one of my daughters must have been in the snake room, and one of my '08 Cyclone Hypos got out of his tub and wandered!
    Well after tearing everything apart, I found him....actually in the rack behind one of the tubs....I normally check there first!

This is what he looked like when I just found him.....
    both of the major wounds are bad enough to see bone.
    I have no idea what could have done this, there are no rodents in the room (that I know of anyhow, and it does not look like a burn) Any advice would be appreciated. Hopefully my vet will let me make payments....as I believe this definitely required a visit.

Thanks,
    Bob McPhee

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch!

I had a few rescue boas with stuff that bad on them and besides keeping it clean and some neosporin they healed up fine on their own. I would expect some big scars, but sometimes you can't avoid that.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep the wound clean and put lots of triple antibiotic ointment on it. Maybe even the one that has the painkiller in it to ease his pain. I don,t know how that could have happened. Could he have done that squeezing out of the cage? Hope all goes well for you.

Joe
    Joe Dau

I thought i was wrong once, but alas I was mistaken.....

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a cat ?
    If that were a burn, it would've been getting burned for along time. And there would probably be remnants. I don't think its a burn.
    Time for locks on the snake room door ? Sorry to hear about this Robert. Good luck.
    Just say "NO" to FACEBOOK !

Post Thanks / Like

also look for the skin not to roll inside, i´m not sure how to explain it the right way!I hope you know what i mean, otherwise i try to explain better! I would clean the wounds with an desinfectant spray very well and use aluminium medicine spray to close the wound for infections! If well cared for it should heal well! Good luck!!
    www.snakeline.net

Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen that before...I'm guessing maybe he got wedged between something with a fairly hard edge, panicked, and did that to himself trying to escape...

I would say just keep that wound as clean as possible, in a sterile tub...and definitely use a topical antibiotic like neosporin...

So sorry to hear about this...I hope that he will pull through fine for you.
    Heather Martin

Post Thanks / Like

looks like a live feeding horror story...not saying thats what it is...but thats what it looks like...

i agree with lizard on this one...only other thing i can think of is it got wedged in a bad spot then rip itself apart tryin to get free

either way its REALLY unfortunate...thats a really pretty snake and i hope it helas up and he is ok...

sorry to see this man...GOOD LUCK

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if these wounds come from beeing wedged! I just saw the wounds on the tail and it seems as there are some more smaller injuries... any idea!?
    www.snakeline.net

Post Thanks / Like

Default I think

Im not sure, but it looks like he was definitely bitten by something. Looks like several bite wounds from a rodent. I don't think like it was caused by squeezing out of anything because flesh is missing. Like a gouge was bitten off or something. Thanks everyone for your input.
    Door is usually locked, I must have forgot to lock it when I went hunting yesterday....brain does not work so well at 4 am I guess.
    Im keeping neosporin on it and hopefully he will not be too stressed out to eat in a couple of days....cant heal if he don't eat....

There is a Savannah Monitor in the room....but I dont think he would have been able to escape with only a couple of deep wounds.....I believe he would have been an expensive lunch!
    Thanks,
    Bob McPhee

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch
    Best of luck in his healing process!
    Mitch Kranz
    http://www.BetterBoa.com

Thread Information