Facebook

» Online Users: 90

0 members and 90 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG.............that makes me cringe.
    I can't imagine what must be loose in your house to have done that to him.
    I first would disinfect it thoroughly ........... betadine is good for helping wounds close............and then put a triple antibiotic cream.
    Reptiles respond to the triple anitobitc better than the ones with a single antibiotic.
    Like the others have said...........keep his house as clean as possible.
    When misting him.........do not hit the wound.

Lastly...........set some traps in your boa room and and catch watever did this to him.
    What a horrible experience for him and you.
    I think with proper care he will live and have some scares but should otherwise be fine.
    Keep us posted on what you find in your boa room...........I am very curious.
    Good luck to him.
    I am a boa addict
    http://jadeboa.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Listen to naughty nurse Karen .
    I don't think being wedged would explain the scrapes on his tail end. He looks like he was attacked. Proof that morphs wouldn't survive in the wild, they look too yummy .
    Just say "NO" to FACEBOOK !

Post Thanks / Like

So what style of caging is your Savannah Monitor in?
    I would think that you would know if there could be a large rat loose in the room(do you feed live, fresh, or frozen)?
    I definitely agree that is not a tare caused from getting caught on something.
    keep us posted
    PS. do you have a pic of the monitor cage?
    -David
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/FONT]Evolution is a fact. Nothing average ever stood as a monument to progress.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for everyones concern...

To answer a few questions:

I also agree that it looks like a bite wound, it resembles pictures I have seen about bad feeding stories. I have all my snakes in a "snake house" glorified shed. Throughout the year I raise mice in there (small numbers, no more than 5 trios or so. I have had mice escape, most of the time they turn up sooner or later and I dispatch them. This past year however I was talked in to raising some of those "demon" soft furs (really hate those vicious little bastards). Those things are escape artists and I have a feeling that I have one or two cruising that have evaded me. I no longer raise any rodents in there because of that.
    The monitor, "Bruiser" is housed in an aquarium. It is 5 foot long and 2 foot deep. Only half of the top is covered so there is access to get inside. But I think that if he got inside, there is no way he would have gotten out as he is not long enough to reach to the top. Unless the snake was cruising around the cage and the back half of him fell into the cage opening and was able to hang on while he was getting chewed.....Hard to say. One thing is for sure!

Door will be locked at all times, Tubs will be guaranteed secure, and Bruiser will have a tight fitting custom top on his cage at all times!
    Thanks,
    Bob McPhee

Post Thanks / Like

The damage looks rodent inflicted..........I would hunt them down and kill them.
    I think if he had gotten into the monitor cage he would have been long gone.
    Still sucks for the little boa..........he has a lot of healing to do.
    I am a boa addict

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcPhee View Post
    To answer a few questions:

I also agree that it looks like a bite wound, it resembles pictures I have seen about bad feeding stories. I have all my snakes in a "snake house" glorified shed. Throughout the year I raise mice in there (small numbers, no more than 5 trios or so. I have had mice escape, most of the time they turn up sooner or later and I dispatch them. This past year however I was talked in to raising some of those "demon" soft furs (really hate those vicious little bastards). Those things are escape artists and I have a feeling that I have one or two cruising that have evaded me. I no longer raise any rodents in there because of that.
    The monitor, "Bruiser" is housed in an aquarium. It is 5 foot long and 2 foot deep. Only half of the top is covered so there is access to get inside. But I think that if he got inside, there is no way he would have gotten out as he is not long enough to reach to the top. Unless the snake was cruising around the cage and the back half of him fell into the cage opening and was able to hang on while he was getting chewed.....Hard to say. One thing is for sure!

Door will be locked at all times, Tubs will be guaranteed secure, and Bruiser will have a tight fitting custom top on his cage at all times!

hey...learn from mistakes and move on...sucks this happened...but now u know and can prevent it from happening again...best of luck to ya...

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates on how this little guy is doing.........??
    I am a boa addict

Post Thanks / Like

Default He is actually doing very well!!

Thanks,

I fed him a couple of days after the incident, he was a little bit slower to eat, but did eat!
    I figured he would need his strength to heal his wounds. The wounds are scabbing over well and looks...so far...to be healing well. He is going into shed right now and it will be interesting to see how that goes....Picture updates are coming....
    Thanks,
    Bob McPhee

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear he is hanging in there...........I am sure he will require your help when he sheds.........I would imagine that it will get stuck on the wounds.........hopefully it doesn't pull open the scabs.
    Poor baby.........
    I am a boa addict

Post Thanks / Like

One step to good health. Unfortunatly Karen is probably right as far as the health issues. Good news, sounds like with your help things may turn out O.K.
    ed in Ohio

Thread Information