Facebook

» Online Users: 64

1 members and 63 guests
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Few venomous

Post Thanks / Like

Default Few venomous

Just a few shots of the venomous.

Female A. squamigera

1 of about 7 or 8 Western Pygmy Rattlesnakes I had, I've passed them out like cigars to various experienced AHS members

Another, brighter one:

C. oreganus: N. Pacific Rattlesnake (yeah he had crushed walnut in his heat pit...lol Thankfully he took care of that, himself!)

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics, welcome to the site!
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

Check my available snakes at this link:
    http://www.reptileinsider.com/classi...panamared.html

I rejoined facebook... I don't feel good about it...

[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PanamaRed View Post
    Great pics, welcome to the site!
    Thanks!!! Looks like a great forum!

Post Thanks / Like

very cool pics! i love the detail. welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

It was the summer of the Pygs for you guys down there it looks like. I didn't realize they were that red, usually. I had always thought the ones in SW Missouri/NW were gray and kind of dull looking.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome I love venemous stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!!!!

Coloration just depends on the individual pygmy, I guess. This was the first year for me to actually FIND any, and man, was I finding them!! LOL I think I found 12 not including a few DORs. Considering I didn't even start in until late June and stopped in late July-early August when it got so dry, I found quite a bit. I need to get back out, it's been raining and we've had highs in mid-higher 70s. Overall, I only regularly hit about 2 different areas about 20mins (by land) apart, but in the same general vicinity of Beaver Lake. I found a really nice bluish female with muted orangey brown and several really intense orange stripes with a gray or even sandy background. I even found a completely rattle-less one!

Now if next year I have this kind of luck with Timbers and Western Diamondbacks...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amercnwmn View Post
    Thanks!!!!

Coloration just depends on the individual pygmy, I guess. This was the first year for me to actually FIND any, and man, was I finding them!! LOL I think I found 12 not including a few DORs. Considering I didn't even start in until late June and stopped in late July-early August when it got so dry, I found quite a bit. I need to get back out, it's been raining and we've had highs in mid-higher 70s. Overall, I only regularly hit about 2 different areas about 20mins (by land) apart, but in the same general vicinity of Beaver Lake. I found a really nice bluish female with muted orangey brown and several really intense orange stripes with a gray or even sandy background. I even found a completely rattle-less one!

Now if next year I have this kind of luck with Timbers and Western Diamondbacks...

Too far up for atrox here but we are supposedly full of horridus. Joel Thomas is about 20 minutes (or less) over state line and was telling me he found a den site over his way. Hopefully he'll chime in and tell more about it.
    I've probably walked all over Timbers without even realizing it. They are so quiet. I covered plenty of good habitat for them and copperheads out near Longview Lake up here, that's when I found the prairie king. If I stumbled on something venomous I'd be reluctant to handle it, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there Court!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

cool pics ..brings back memories,dig hots also.

Thread Information