Facebook

» Online Users: 66

1 members and 65 guests
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default TEGUS, info? Interested in getting one

Been wanting to get a lizard/tegu/monitor that gets big but not too big. Think about going with a tegu. I know there's a black/white tegu and a red tegu. I've seen something about blue tegu's but don't know much about it. What other type of tegu's are there??? Are certain tegu's more manageable or more aggressive than others??? Really need to know everything about a tegu, hot spots(belly heat or overhead heat)?? any humidity requirements??? night drop temps? ambient temp? bedding?

Biggest concern is their food source, i've read that you can raise them on premium wet/dry cat/dog food. Is this healthy for them or is it an easy way out??? How often should tegu's be fed???

Would like to buy a baby, do they generally like a large cage or something small to feel secure. i have a 10gal, 20gal and 40gal tanks to choose from.

Do tegu's generally have to be held daily or are they pretty peaceful??? I had a black throat monitor and if i didn't hold him for 2 days he'd start getting aggressive.

I know it's a lot of questions, but i would appreciate any info/advice that you might be able to give.

Post Thanks / Like

Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

Check my available snakes at this link:
    http://www.reptileinsider.com/classi...panamared.html

I rejoined facebook... I don't feel good about it...

[/I]

Thread Information