Facebook

» Online Users: 86

0 members and 86 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think she died from being pushed food to get big fast.Was she young but big when you got her?Raw chicken legs from the store with no hair?I have heard that,cant see my boas even showing interest and feeding response for that?
    She had complication due to an RI she had when I got her. The guy I got her from basically gave her to me I was hoping to whip her back into shape. it was a negative drug reaction. But I believe she would have been fine had she been more fit. I doubt there would have been drugs needed to snap her out of it.

The chicken legs were blanched, basically drop them in a pot of boiling water for about 30 seconds. They aren't cooked your just shooting to sterilize them a bit from processing and handleing. I have done it many times in the past as a supplement. Chicken leg or legs and then a large rat. Obviously only some of the big girls needed extra but I fed most of my boas a few legs here and there when I was either short rats or they needed to gain some weight. 99% of them took them. Of course they think it is feeding time If I walked into the room while I was grilling up some bird on the BBQ as well...LOL...

You'd be surprised I knew guys that had big girls that were close to 20 years old that had been raised on road kill.. every time they saw a freshly killed dead squirrel, bird, opossum, they scooped it up and bagged it for their big boa...LOL... I can't say I recommend that.. but like I said it was a 20ish year old BCC.. I believe they were freezing those pre feeding, and defrosting them..
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

Check my available snakes at this link:
    http://www.reptileinsider.com/classi...panamared.html

I rejoined facebook... I don't feel good about it...

[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gottabsleeved View Post
    I know JB and others feed quail,but does anybody think theres risk with raw chicken as we all know to watch dealing with raw chicken ?Seems bad rats kill snakes enough wouldn't chickens be a bigger risk.Say they got rotten like rats do before freezing.RP?Or what ever ..Thread jacker,I am.LOL.Just wondering as I like to mix diet some.Feed some xsmall rabbits in summer and even guinea pigs now and then-not jumbos thou.
    Salmonella and e coli can probably be found on just about any raw meat fresh or frozen thawed out that's why I do not bite my fingernails on feeding day

One thing for sure is stay away from guinea pigs....too much fat! I picked up a bunch of quail recently from a local hatchery and have been switching between rabbits rats and quail.
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking.

Joel Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Thomas View Post
    Salmonella and e coli can probably be found on just about any raw meat fresh or frozen thawed out that's why I do not bite my fingernails on feeding day

One thing for sure is stay away from guinea pigs....too much fat! I picked up a bunch of quail recently from a local hatchery and have been switching between rabbits rats and quail.
    So you think quail are pretty safe to!I might try some.Joel and JB do 9 out of 10 boas take them good right off?Not all G.pigs are the same,hare-today colony raises theres and said to be and should be much leaner raised this away,there getting a lot of exercise.There mediums are 1pound good for large boas.I stay away from any larges.

Post Thanks / Like

So you think quail are pretty safe to!I might try some.Joel and JB do 9 out of 10 boas take them good right off?.
    It's a dead bird like any other.. some of them are funny they take a good while trying to figure out what they hell they are doing, and which end to start eating from.. the floppy head throws them off...
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

Check my available snakes at this link:
    http://www.reptileinsider.com/classi...panamared.html

I rejoined facebook... I don't feel good about it...

[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gottabsleeved View Post
    So you think quail are pretty safe to!I might try some.Joel and JB do 9 out of 10 boas take them good right off?Not all G.pigs are the same,hare-today colony raises theres and said to be and should be much leaner raised this away,there getting a lot of exercise.There mediums are 1pound good for large boas.I stay away from any larges.
    I was feeding guinea pigs that were raised in a free range type of barn with outdoor access and hated the results of the waxy stool and stinking crap.

Yes 9 out of 10 bunnies recommend feeding quail to your boas Seriously I have never had any issues except maybe a little trouble finding that floppy head but they get the hang of it pretty quickly.
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking.

Joel Thomas

Thread Information