Facebook

» Online Users: 143

5 members and 138 guests
Most users ever online was 516, 11-15-2012 at 02:20 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

50% hog island bloods ...
by reptileman2929

Ladies REPTILE INSIDER...
by reptileman2929

MENS REPTILE INSIDER T...
by reptileman2929

Horned Lizard (Horny T...
by Fireside3

48x18 Crevice style ba...
by PanamaRed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cypress Mulch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cypress Mulch

Anyone have any good brands for cypress? I've tried corrugated paper and aspen, and I want to try cypress mulch for my boas and see how it works out. I'm thinking any 100% cypress mulch would be okay, but if you guys have a reputable brand that I can go with, that might be the better option. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: One brand I've read a lot about online seems to be Serpenturf (http://www.kamlar.com/serpenturf100cypress.html). Anyone have any experience with them?
    Last edited by Ali; 07-10-2013 at 03:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it packs good!Wonder if its low dust and smell?

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mind getting some for my blood pythons but I can't seem to find any at a reasonable deal shipped and can't find it locally..

You'd want a pet grade mulch as landscape much could have other wood products mixed in..
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

Check my available snakes at this link:
    http://www.reptileinsider.com/classi...panamared.html

I rejoined facebook... I don't feel good about it...

[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PanamaRed View Post
    I wouldn't mind getting some for my blood pythons but I can't seem to find any at a reasonable deal shipped and can't find it locally..

You'd want a pet grade mulch as landscape much could have other wood products mixed in..
    It looks like that Serpenturf is $2 for 13 quarts and with a flat shipping rate of $16 (regardless of how much you buy). It costs about ~$54 for a little over 8 cubic feet. Are there any downsides to cypress?

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that scares me about cypress is the possibility of getting other wood mixed in, small amounts might not be an issue but I personally moved away from it.

That serpenturf seems to obviously be reptile oriented and hopefully be 100% pure cypress and for that price it better be.
    If God wanted us to vote then he would have given us candidates.

Joel Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like that Serpenturf is $2 for 13 quarts and with a flat shipping rate of $16 (regardless of how much you buy). It costs about ~$54 for a little over 8 cubic feet. Are there any downsides to cypress?
    Thats about $4.50 per 4x2 cage for cypress substrate.. So about double the cost of aspen.

Is that flat shipping rat something they quoted for you personally because I live on the other side of the country...LOL...
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Thats about $4.50 per 4x2 cage for cypress substrate.. So about double the cost of aspen.

Is that flat shipping rat something they quoted for you personally because I live on the other side of the country...LOL...
    That's their standard shipping price. I didn't even tell them where I lived. It ships through UPS and supposedly will get to your door within 2-3 days. The only downside with them is that they only accept certified checks or money orders which means that you have to send the money out first without any guarantees of receiving your product. That's one of the things that's holding me back from purchasing from them. But other people have bought it from them, so they must be trustworthy.

Post Thanks / Like

The only downside with them is that they only accept certified checks or money orders which means that you have to send the money out first without any guarantees of receiving your product. That's one of the things that's holding me back from purchasing from them. But other people have bought it from them, so they must be trustworthy.
    Seems fishy to me as well it says they have 20 years reptile experience... but don't take paypal?...LOL... I honestly probably wouldn't buy from them just because of that point.. I don't have time to be running around getting money orders or checks..
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Seems fishy to me as well it says they have 20 years reptile experience... but don't take paypal?...LOL... I honestly probably wouldn't buy from them just because of that point.. I don't have time to be running around getting money orders or checks..
    Yeah, I think I'm going to pass on them as well. At least for now. I'll just have to stick with aspen though it's a PITA to clean that crap off the carpet.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think I'm going to pass on them as well. At least for now. I'll just have to stick with aspen though it's a PITA to clean that crap off the carpet.
    I hear that...
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

[/I]

Thread Information