Facebook

» Online Users: 46

0 members and 46 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Daytona NRBE 2013 pics

Had a great time this year. Caught up with a lot of people I haven't seen and met a few new folks as well. Also, although there were a TON of ball pythons there, there weren't as many as I was expecting. There were several vendors with 3-5+ tables with 3 row stepped-display cases, end to end with NOTHING but ball pythons - most of them were ugly as shit (IMO, of course). A few were actually intriguing from a color perspective and I snapped a few pics of them. But, there were quite a few boas to be seen - very few non-morph boas unfortunately and I don't recall seeing a single BCC. IMO, the middle of August is just a poor time of the year to expect BCC on a vendors table. Many litters haven't been born yet and those that have are unlikely to have shed and eaten multiple meals and be ready to go.

I hope you enjoy the pics - I'll try my best to remember exactly what is what and who's table it was on, but my memory SUCKS so there without fail, be some errors and or omissions. Also, I did my best to avoid using flash as I'm just not a big fan of it. The lighting wasn't terrible, but it certainly was NOT great. So, I had to choose larger apertures and slower shutter speeds along with higher ISO's to get many of these shots. Some of them still aren't very good. I'm not overly enthused about that but I'm still happier than I would have been had I used flash. Flash just DESTROYS the color of these beautiful animals and either washes it out, changes the color tone, or over saturates it. I almost never see a picture taken with flash that shows accurate color.

The very first table I came to after pulling out my camera had me a little worried. ALL ball pythons...

NEVER FEAR! Perfect Predators - lots of great boa morphs here! Snapped a few pics of some, should have snagged more but I didn't want to be a thorn in Manny's side.
    Aztec VPI T+

Blood Sunglow (I believe)

Key West T+

same animal

Albino poss het Leopard

same animal

I saw some wood carvings too. This first one was on Yellow Belly Ball's table and is just friggin weird!

Straight up creepy, right? lol

These two were well done, IMO. The second pic gives the artists info (even though it's a tad blurry thanks to a large aperture)

Next up, a veiled chameleon that a vendors mother got tired of and asked him to sell...

I believe this is a Purple Tiger Tegu...?

Pretty Panther Chameleons (panthers, right?)

This HUGE Paradox Snow is owned by Chris Burke

Some sort of ball morph owned by Josie Ellis

I figured... hey, they have pink sides like boas, these can't be ALL bad... lol

JCP

Pied BP - only reason I took this pic is that I thought it was kind of cool that it's head almost blended into the non-pied part of it's body

...to be continued...

Post Thanks / Like

Desert T+ - Rich Delbono and Joe Dau

Same pic as above, just cropped closer to see the tongue coloration

Joe asked me to take some pics of these animals to try and capture the true colors. I did fairly well with it but needed to get one outdoors to TRULY capture the colors. I'm MUCH happier with the outdoor pics!

More from that same table. These are blood something or others... friggin forgot!

And several more...

...to be continued again...

Post Thanks / Like

Ball morph - who cares, really? lol

GTP

Another ball morph

Same one...

Carpondro

Blue Tongue Skink

Savannah Monitor

Black Spine-Neck Turtle

Same

Hog Island boa on Legacy Reptiles table

Fineline (if I remember correctly) Arabesque on Legacy Reptile's table

Again

And again...

Fine line

Again

Firebelly Honduran BCI

One more post and I'm all finished up...

4. Thanks Varanis thanked for this post
    Likes Varanis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple of ball morphs on Loxahatchee Herp Hatchery's table (same guys I get my rodents from - Loxahatchee Rodents)

IMG and something else, can't remember what...

Jungle IMG for the next 3 pics

Ball morph...

And last but not least, Burke Reptiles. Tom said he's had a few people saying that he photoshopped his pics of his blood albino and blood sunglow. He laughed because he said he doesn't even have photoshop and if he did, he wouldn't know how to use it. Neither he nor Amanda even know how to use Facebook apparently and Tom's son had to make them a page! So, I offered to snap a few pics and he happily obliged.

First is the bloody sunglow...

Next, and last for this photo tour, is the bloody albino

Hope you enjoyed all the pics!
    jb

Post Thanks / Like

Killer looking snakes really diggin that Desert T+ never seen this morph before, pretty cool. That Carpondro is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also diggin the Calider BP http://www.deviantconstrictors.com/a...0/IMG_4184.JPG What's this???? super motley???

Post Thanks / Like

I think Anery Motley. But I could be totally wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting these the Desert T has a unique look doesn't it.

And the IMG Jungle is really cool looking.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolute beauties Jonathan... thanks for posting these Daytona NRBE pics! Those Daytona boas are spectacular!!!
    best Regards Udo/Germany

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desert View Post
    Thanks for posting these the Desert T has a unique look doesn't it.

And the IMG Jungle is really cool looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colormorphs View Post
    Absolute beauties Jonathan... thanks for posting these Daytona NRBE pics! Those Daytona boas are spectacular!!!
    You guys are welcome!

The Desert T is, IMO, definitely a T+. The tongue is PURPLE. The rings around the tail are PURPLE. Also, according to Joe Dau, Warren Booth has confirmed via whatever testing he does that they are T+.

I agree, the IMG Jungle is REALLY cool! I'm a BIG fan!

jb

BTW, I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but the forum seems to be shrinking my pics. If you want to see larger versions, they're here: http://www.deviantconstrictors.com/m...gust-2013.html

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing photos thanks JB! I was waiting for someone to post pics of the show and I couldn't complain that is was you. I love the color on those deserts. I think once they get some nice pattern mutations into those they will probably be the most sought after T+ as they really have the caramel color more than any T I've seen. Awesome stuff at everyone's tables!
    Alex Burgos

Thread Information