Facebook

» Online Users: 45

0 members and 45 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PRINCESS DIAMOND PROJECT- Brazilian bcc's?

Been a few rumours over the last few days speculating about the princess diamond project not really that interested in the politics behind it, but very curious to hear that it was rumoured to be from brazil and is a bcc. I had already asked this question to jeremy a few years ago as i was very impressed with it shape and head structure. Certainly had a bcc look! the head was long and slender and the body looked more square.

This made me very excited to hear this news and thought if anyone had any more updates on the genetic side of things and wether there has been more then 1 leucistic bcc seen before??

Such a shame jeremy never kept breeding it with other bcc's from brazil, would have been nice to see the look of the original line of brazilian bcc that this genetic trait came from.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally think that a leusistic boa is a dead end street. I am in no way saying that it is a bad thing just implying that how can you improve or change anything about it?
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking.

Joel Thomas

3. Thanks ShadowAceD thanked for this post
    Likes Eli's Boas, LarM, Lampalagua, ShadowAceD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,folks! I live in Brazil and a few days ago, one of the most famous programs showed a reporting saying that the Jeremy Stone’s Princess diamond was actually trafficked from Brazil, as repeatedly stated in this forum. Some people have already been arrested and was ordered the JS prison. He toke his facebook off the air. What next?
    A million dollars may be the price of a snake. The animal that worth this fortune carries wealth in own name: Princess Diamond. A very rare boa. The only one in the world with a completely white skin and black eyes. It’s the darling of the American Jeremy.
    “It’s really hard to describe what I personally fell for Princess Diamond” says the American.
    He loves to show off the animal in videos and photos on the internet. But he prefers to hide the past and present of the invaluable snake, which is missing now.
    The answers to the disappearance of Princess Diamond can be here in Brazil. In 2006, the white snake was found in the woods, in Rio de Janeiro and taken to the Niterói Zoo.
    Researchers found out that the boa constrictor has a rare genetic mutation called leucism. "It would be the first boa in the world to register that pattern", explains Anibal Melgarejo, a biologist at the Instituto Vital Brazil.
    Light skin and black eyes. The little snake became famous, appeared on TV. But it was never shown to visitors. "It's never been on display. As I remember, it never stayed on display at the zoo", said Thiago Muniz, a veterinarian.
    Thiago Muniz, who worked at the zoo, questioned the manager of the zoo, Giselda Candiotto, about the snake.
    "She said that she would take the animal home and, a few months later, we were informed that the animal died", said Thiago.
    In 2011, the zoo was closed for mistreatment of animals. At that time, it was also observed that some animals were missing, among them the rare boa.
    IBAMA and the Federal Police began to investigate and came across the videos and photos of Jeremy, all available on the internet.
    "In 2010, he began to post a video of a boa constrictor leucistic too, adult already. And then we started to think that it was quite a coincidence and started to investigate further and came to the conclusion that it was the same animal", says Carlos Magno Abreu, environmental analyst of IBAMA.
    Jeremy is one of the largest snake breeders of the United States. According to investigators, he came to Rio in 2007 to negotiate the purchase of the snake with the manager of the zoo.
    The transaction would have been completed in 2009 when Jeremy would have taken the animal illegally from Brazil across the border of Roraima and Guyana.
    In Giselda’s house, police found photos of her and her husband with Jeremy in the United States. It still remains to be clarifying the value that the former manager would have received for the sale.
    "We estimate somewhat around US$ 1 million, that was paid for this animal," says Carlos Magno Abreu.
    "It ends up being an animal of a very high value to these people because of the possibility of crossing this animal," says Thiago.
    Exactly what Jeremy would have done. "The first puppies were sold in the range of US$ 60,000. There are puppies of US$ 35 thousand, US$ 25 thousand", reveals Franco Perazzoni, Federal Police.
    A snake just like the Diamond Princess, that would be her granddaughter, ended up in Italy. "There's a video of Jeremy, he goes to Italy and he goes there to see a snake that would be the Diamond Princess’ granddaughter, this animal that he had there", says Franco Perazzoni.
    "It spends a few years, I showed this guy the Princess Diamond. He decided to buy a couple of pups and reproduce the white snake. What an amazing experience for me!", says Jeremy in the video. Giselda and her husband, José Carlos Schirmer, were arrested last week and will respond for international animal trafficking, smuggling and misappropriation.
    In the United States, the police searched the Jeremy’s home, but didn’t find the Diamond Princess.
    "The information we have is that it has already died twice. The first time in Brazil and now Jeremy says it would have died in January and does not present a carcass, nothing", says Franco Perazzoni, Federal Police.
    His arrest was ordered by the Brazilian authorities. We contact Jeremy by e-mail, he says he will not answer questions from the press and completed saying it was instructed not to talk about the case. The former manager of the Niterói Zoo also refused talking.
    "The biggest interest we have in concern to this investigation is the repatriation of the genetic heritage, that are the snakes. It’s an animal caught in the wild, then it belongs to the Brazilian State", conclude Franco Perazzoni, Federal Police.
    And the search for the US$ 1 million snake continues.

http://g1.globo.com/fantastico/notic...aparecida.html

Post Thanks / Like

The animal from Brazil was female, Jeremy's was male. Other than that, a lot of the facts add up (Jeremy did go there, the timeline is appropriate, Jeremy did go to Guyana, and was importing Guyanese BCC for a little while). But, that disparity makes it pretty much impossible that they're the same animal.
    jb

6. Thanks Bayou Exotics thanked for this post
    Likes REDTAIL KEEPER, dumboa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brazilboa55 you have bin very busy i see you have posted this story on every single reptile and boa forum i no off whats your agenda? You really want this story out there dont you

8. Likes kid007inplay, LarM, Jonathan Brady liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious who confirmed that the Boa in Brazil was a female ? I don't know the story too well , but I have been sold mis-sexed Boas before
    Just say "NO" to FACEBOOK !

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that it was the same boa but a sex change operation was performed on it to try and cover all this up

11. Likes Bayou Exotics, LarM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would be very easy to say it was female or for it to be missexed...im just saying if your going to commit a federal crime then im sure you wouldnt have too much of a concious to tell a little white lie.. im in no way saying I know what happened there but the evidence does not look good at all..

Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody else find it weird that..... if this is true, and Jeremy committed such a huge crime with such a harsh penalty, that Jeremy had such a big mouth about the project? By all means, he kept it under lock and key where it was protected, but it wasn't exactly a secret either..... This boa has been public news in video and pics for years. I would like to think if Jeremy believed he committed such a crime, it would've been a much more underground project. Or is it just me that thinks that way?

14. Thanks Bayou Exotics thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He would have to eventually. If he wanted to recoup his investment and make money on the project. The project couldnt be kept quiet forever it will be very interesting to see how this all plays out

Thread Information