Facebook

» Online Users: 44

0 members and 44 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dumboa View Post
    Since I have not posted on this forum about this I will say. Anyone wondering why he is hiding behind a legal team HAS NOT faced any sort of serious charges. If anyone things that the best thing Jeremy can do is make some sort of statement, you HAVE NOT faced any sort of serious charges. Jeremy owes nothing to you, at this moment. He owes it to himself AND the hobby to stay silent while these charges get sorted out. AFTERWARD, it would be in his best interest to make a statement to the hobby.

If he gave a statement, the fact that he even felt compelled to make a statement could be used to assume there was some guilt.
    People think they know the law until until you are sitting in a court room and realize you are not allowed to say anything to defend yourself until the actual trial.

Maybe he did clear his name already. Doesn't mean that we are privilege to that info yet.
    Really.who knows about the way other countries work?They could show up at your door and arrest you and fly you back to brazil and throw you some jail that's not fit to live in.You got to have a good lawyer back you from the start.

2. Likes johnriz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen a lot of people comment about the possibility of Jeremy being arrested by Brazilian government, and that he is not protected by USA laws due to not having jurisdiction in Brazil.

I will say this. I am a cop for a living, so I know a thing or two about law and jurisdiction. I am by no means an expert, so maybe there's a small loophole that I do not know about, but common sense regarding jurisdiction is this.....

If Brazilian government were to go to Jeremy's house and arrest him, then transport him to their country for prosecution, this would not be legal as they do not have jurisdiction here in the USA just as we do not have jurisdiction in Brazil. Therefore, if they came here and took him into custody, they would be guilty of kidnapping, or the legal term of "restraint." They would never make it as far as the airport with someone in custody to be transported to their country for prosecution.

The exception to this would be with our government's permission and cooperation. If our government allowed them jurisdiction, which would require a warrant for Jeremy's arrest, then it would become a legal arrest and could happen. However I will point this out, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. If this scenario is true, Jeremy is guilty of theft, which is misdemeanor in most states. He's not guilty of treason, terrorism, or something large like that. Therefore, being such a small charge (even considering the value), no country will grant worldwide extradition over a theft.

What that means, as long as Jeremy remains in the USA, he's going to be fine. If he were ever to "willingly" travel to Brazil on his own accord, and were to be arrested while there, it's a different story and it would be fair game for prosecution. However, Jeremy is in the USA and is entitled to the 4th amendment, which regards "search and seizure", just like everybody else. Brazil taking him into custody in this country would be illegal in it's own right because this is not their jurisdiction and they have no right to do so.

I'm not saying the accusations are true or false, I'm indifferent on the topic. But I wanted to shed some legal light and put minds to rest that the Brazilian government will not be knocking on anyones doors, nor will they be arresting anyone to take them back to Brazil for prosecution, as it would be illegal according to the Constitution.

Tony

Post Thanks / Like

"The exception to this would be with our government's permission and cooperation. If our government allowed them jurisdiction, which would require a warrant for Jeremy's arrest, then it would become a legal arrest and could happen. However I will point this out, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. If this scenario is true, Jeremy is guilty of theft, which is misdemeanor in most states. He's not guilty of treason, terrorism, or something large like that. Therefore, being such a small charge (even considering the value), no country will grant worldwide extradition over a theft."

Absolutely correct. This would have to go through the federal system, and he (Jeremy) would be notified. No Brazilian authority would make it into the country without the FBI's involvement and then the state or municipal authorities in his area would be notified. There would be no dramatic "No Knock warrant" with an entry team. The Brazilian authorities would not even be allowed to bring weapons into the country. Any "arrest" would be made by US authorities and then there would be an extradition process.

There are however various levels of theft. Petty theft is just that, a petty crime.

There is Felony Theft which is based on a dollar amount. That will differ from state to state and who knows what the "value" of the alleged missing snake is which isn't from the US in the first place. Again, lot's of he said she said here.

Jeremy is not going anywhere from the unproven gossip going around here and there. Not gonna happen.

But as Tony stated, going to Brazil may not be a good idea.

This story should die as it's pure speculation.

I don't think the snake chat boards are going to be the big story breakers here LOL!
    Last edited by Gio; 10-19-2013 at 11:14 PM.

5. Thanks dumboa, Jonathan Brady thanked for this post
    Likes dumboa, Jonathan Brady liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea that's what I was going to say,dont go back and see what they do.He he...I got a DWI in another state many years ago,never went back and havnt heard nothing.LOL.Well I been back just not drunk or ever pulled over.LOL

Post Thanks / Like

And technically speaking, Jeremy would not be guilty of theft, as he didn't steal it. He purchased it (legally or illegally, it was still a purchase, or contract agreement, so to speak), therefore, he is not the one guilty of committing the actual theft. All jeremy would be guilty of is "possession of stolen property," and THAT is a misdemeanor. Like I said, our country would never allow another country to have jurisdiction over such a crime.

8. Thanks dumboa thanked for this post
    Likes LarM, dumboa, gottabsleeved, Gio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And technically speaking, Jeremy would not be guilty of theft, as he didn't steal it. He purchased it (legally or illegally, it was still a purchase, or contract agreement, so to speak), therefore, he is not the one guilty of committing the actual theft. All jeremy would be guilty of is "possession of stolen property," and THAT is a misdemeanor.
    And again further.. not having the animal would remove him from that possession situation..

and who knows what the "value" of the alleged missing snake is which isn't from the US in the first place. Again, lot's of he said she said here.
    Been there.. Had a guy burn me on a trade years back on misrepresented stolen snakes couldn't do much as proving a value on a snake morph isn't an easy thing to do.. I did burn the guy down on fauna with the help of others he had tried to sell the animals to as something other than what I got them as, but that doesn't fill my wallet back up...LOL... The guy was selling the collection ( he was suppose to be watching) of another guy who was dieing of cancer, and the guy with cancer beat the cancer came back and was like where are my snakes??
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

Check my available snakes at this link:
    http://www.reptileinsider.com/classi...panamared.html

I rejoined facebook... I don't feel good about it...

[/I]

10. Likes dumboa, Bayou Exotics, Gio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF!!! Searching for more info about Jeremy Stone's Lucy, I found a digital book on Amazon (The story of BoitatŠ Operation and "Princess Diamond" - The One Million Dollar Snake) which has all the details about the princess diamond story. I’ve just read it and there are many cool info and jpgs. It’s just like a movie! Now, it became really hard to believe in JS! WTF!!! For those who still think that JS is innocent, go to Interpol wanted people (http://www.interpol.int/Wanted-Perso...%29/2013-18819)!!! The Brazilian police may be corrupt, but also Interpol???

12. Dislikes LarM, Zakel201, PanamaRed, nickstone, surfinball disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrasilBoa55 View Post
    WTF!!! Searching for more info about Jeremy Stone's Lucy, I found a digital book on Amazon (The story of BoitatŠ Operation and "Princess Diamond" - The One Million Dollar Snake) which has all the details about the princess diamond story. Iíve just read it and there are many cool info and jpgs. Itís just like a movie! Now, it became really hard to believe in JS! WTF!!! For those who still think that JS is innocent, go to Interpol wanted people (http://www.interpol.int/Wanted-Perso...%29/2013-18819)!!! The Brazilian police may be corrupt, but also Interpol???
    A digital book on Amazon??? Outstanding! Maybe all the other world crimes will be solved now. If Amazon has a digital book about who smashed my car window in college and took a roll of quarters all those years ago that crime will finally be solved too. As explained above by law enforcement, nobody is taking anybody away. Unless the digital book police have other rules LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Ship me a brazil girl!

15. Likes Gio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Brazilian police may be corrupt, but also Interpol???
    They have BS all around the world it seems to be the common theme lots of BS..

Your comments might be taken more seriously if you had not just copied and pasted the same BS in a spam like fashion all over. Do you have genuine thoughts to add? Or are you just clicking copy and paste from someone else?

Those dislikes are the crowd booing you..
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

Check my available snakes at this link:
    http://www.reptileinsider.com/classi...panamared.html

I rejoined facebook... I don't feel good about it...

[/I]

17. Thanks reptileman2929 thanked for this post
    Likes nickstone, LarM, surfinball liked this post

Thread Information