Facebook

» Online Users: 70

0 members and 70 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gottabsleeved View Post
    Awesome video. While I have fed mine chicken necks, it wasn't by hand. Mine are not psychotic feeders and take food fairly gently off the plate, but I still don't expect to feed them by hand anytime soon.

2. Likes gottabsleeved liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa! That's pretty cool. No way I could do that with my 4.5 ft boa. He is coming out of the cage when I use the key in the lock on feeding day. I know at some point I'll get whacked again, his feeding response lasts damn near 2 days after he eats.

Lap snake is cool, but I'll admit I secretly like being a little nervous.

4. Likes reptileman2929, kid007inplay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lap snake is cool, but I'll admit I secretly like being a little nervous.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean and I still feel the same. I love feeding day, but some of my boas will strike the glass once they pick up the scent and jump out as soon as cage door opens. Thank goodness for those long hemostats

6. Likes gottabsleeved liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great info on that awesome animal. Don't know much about eastern indigo, but I can appreciate the beauty when I see one. There is something about a pure black or white snake. You'll love the 5' proline cage and so will your snakes.

8. Thanks antiquity thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn... I would be bleeding like a stuck hog. If I tried that with any of my boas. Lol

Great video thu...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kid007inplay View Post
    Great info on that awesome animal. Don't know much about eastern indigo, but I can appreciate the beauty when I see one. There is something about a pure black or white snake. You'll love the 5' proline cage and so will your snakes.
    That guy in the video is a crazy rooster.LOL.I read where one guy feeds his hotdogs,and he also makes homemade sausages with a sausage grinder that contains good stuff like chicken-fish and other stuff.They will eat pieces of frozen thawed fish.They say raising one from a baby is a great experience,it will become your favorite snake in your collection.There so tame, nonnervous, curious and alert.They will look right at you a lot.But if your a busy person or a lazy person then it could be the snake you like the lease.As they need feed every 5-7 days and they poop a lot,and it stinks so to avoid smell and bacteria you have to clean a lot.Its fun and rewarding if your all in!Id guess 1 dry is the work of 2-3 boas.I most likely am going to pay the $100 and try for a permit and look for one this year.They lay eggs, only 4-8 eggs mostly,around march and incubat for 3 months so summer is the time to find a baby.A good blood line strait from a good breeder with a name will run about 800 for males and a grand for females.Males get a little larger then the females,mostly 7'male, females around 6'.Some males get over 8ft!Adults take space 6x2 footprint for male cages.So not cheap or even easy to get or find.Again got to be all in.I find it kinda good that way its not a newby snake.It will be my first colubrid and the biggest colubrid but you know ill give it the best home it would ever find.........It would be hard to part with once you got attached to it,but if life got in the way and you had to sell him,it would sell in state fast,as theres no need for a permit if selling in state.Theres people like me that would jump on one in state from good bloodlines.But I hear the permit is pretty easy to get just takes 1-3 months to go through.Ill let you know how it goes!
    Last edited by gottabsleeved; 12-31-2013 at 11:22 AM.

11. Thanks reptileman2929 thanked for this post
    Likes reptileman2929 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Whoa! That's pretty cool. No way I could do that with my 4.5 ft boa. He is coming out of the cage when I use the key in the lock on feeding day. I know at some point I'll get whacked again, his feeding response lasts damn near 2 days after he eats.

Lap snake is cool, but I'll admit I secretly like being a little nervous.
    That guy has that indigo dog tame,id bet he gets it out like puppy to play everyother day.LOL..Probaly gets feed good to .From what I read Feeding response of a hungry adult confident indigo is crazy to watch.They will dart out of hide so fast and even dive out of the cage on feeding day.Pound for pound the strongest snake and jaws are like vise grips.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful Indigo. Those are definitely some of the coolest snakes out there.
    Brian Burrell

Post Thanks / Like

Just a shout out to antiquity,thanks your post got me into easterns and that's what made me research them and buy one!Have to admit before your threads I didn't know jack about indigos.thanks Now you got a eastern brother to kick it with at insider.Watch another memeber pop up with one to.LOL
    Last edited by gottabsleeved; 04-30-2014 at 05:58 PM.

15. Likes kid007inplay, Jefrow, reptileman2929, Gio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a shout out to antiquity,thanks your post got me into easterns and that's what made me research them and buy one!Have to admit before your threads I didn't know jack about indigos.thanks Now you got a eastern brother to kick it with at insider.Watch another memeber pop up with one to.LOL
    That just may happen lol or at least one of the cribos. I have been wanting one for the longest.
    Brian Burrell

Thread Information