Facebook

» Online Users: 70

0 members and 70 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hell yeah Skip! A dream snake of mine too....bet you are in love already
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking.

Joel Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Exotics View Post
    Cool Skip!
    I have a couple friends in town that have them. Males. The breeders don't let females go cheap if at all.
    One thing that jumped out at me about them is how big their tongues are. I guess a snake with a big tongue is more of a hunter than an ambusher.?
    yes his tongue is big,im sure when hes a adult it will be long!Hes really crazy to feed,he rattles his tail and starts cruising his tub and has almost jumped out.I have read where a breeder said on feeding day hes had adults fly out of the cage and corner him in the snake room.LOL.Not after him just whats in his hand.LOL....They have less fear then boas which is why there so tame.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea joel hes a cool little guy!You should get one,start saving,eggs will be hatching soon,breeders sell in late fall.i was on steves and alans list but this great deal fell in my lap well on kingsnake but right in Va. so got out of the permit crap which cost $100 and takes 2-3months
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Thomas View Post
    Hell yeah Skip! A dream snake of mine too....bet you are in love already
    Last edited by gottabsleeved; 06-03-2014 at 05:26 PM.

4. Likes Bayou Exotics liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gottabsleeved View Post
    Yea joel hes a cool little guy!You should get one,start saving,eggs will be hatching soon,breeders sell in late fall.i was on steves and alans list but this great deal fell in my lap well on kingsnake but right in Va. so got out of the permit crap which cost $100 and takes 2-3months
    I have been researching the different available bloodlines and breeders, I want as unrelated as possible and of course that is kind of tough to find. I applied for the permit and was all set but the breeder did not produce enough females to sell and my permit expired....the breeder offered me a discount on the next batch. I now know a little more about the permit process and found out that you can switch the name of the seller even if they are in a different state.... I am working on it
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking.

Joel Thomas

6. Likes gottabsleeved, reptileman2929 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is AWESOME!!!!! I love Eastern indigos too, and plan to have one some day. Congrats, man! Definitely a dream animal for me too. Keep those pics coming as he grows!

RR_20 (Mike)

8. Thanks gottabsleeved thanked for this post
    Likes reptileman2929 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any body looking for one this year,heres a site that shows a list of breeders.If non are in your state and you have to do the permit, then I suggest you go ahead and get one from Alan B. in new jersey.Most breeders sell perfect males for $8 and females are a grand.https://www.facebook.com/pages/East-...41866315907896

10. Likes reptileman2929 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One day I will own an indigo, I have still never had the chance to handle one.
    Jeff.

12. Likes gottabsleeved liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have any of you indigo keepers/lovers checked out this place? http://www.oriannesociety.org/about

Joel Thomas

14. Likes gottabsleeved liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
    One day I will own an indigo, I have still never had the chance to handle one.
    I've handled two, and they are SO much different than boas or even any Colubrid I've ever handled. They almost take "command" when being handled, but they are not flighty or spazzy at all. They are VERY curious and completely unafraid. Their combination of calm demeanor and commanding presence is really appealing to me. Someday...

RR_20 (Mike)

16. Likes gottabsleeved liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Such an awesome animal Skip. If I ever get another species, it'd definitely have to be an Eastern Indigo.

18. Thanks gottabsleeved thanked for this post

Thread Information