Facebook

» Online Users: 70

0 members and 70 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kid007inplay View Post
    Such an awesome animal Skip. If I ever get another species, it'd definitely have to be an Eastern Indigo.
    The most diverse gene easterns are living next to you.Alans main focus is to breed animals that are not related.The species is so inbreed just because you buy from one guy and then from another guy across the US your still inbreeding somewhat.they have been federal protected since the 70s so no new legal blood has been imported.And they say that these animals are always on the move for food in the wild and roam more miles then most all snakes,so that makes them less likely to inbreed in the wild.So there just not taking to it well in captivity.Scale problems and kinked tails are due to being inbreed.Its not incubation temps.LOL.Buy from our end and not cali,Steve fuller is trying to do the right thing breeding them to.

Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend you guys get a eastern.They are the least boring snake I ever owned.But at the same time if your a busy or a person who travels a lot then I wouldn't recommend one.They need small meals but a lot of them and they need cage cleaning twice as much as a boa.They drink a lot and need water daily,so you cant leave home a lot or for more then a weekend at a time.If they spill water bowl they can die with in 2-3 days.If you can give one the attention it needs my all means put a deposit down when they hatch,file your permit,breeder will get animal started and feeding good,bam ship before winter.These guys can take cooler temps then boas so shipping would be safe down to 32f instead of 40f.Brian Sharp has kept critters for 60years he told me he loves working with easterns and colubrids more then anything hes ever had.I look up to sharp so you know that made me want one even more.LOL.Sharp is to herps like Ozzy is to Metal!The man!

3. Likes Bayou Exotics liked this post

Thread Information