Facebook

» Online Users: 72

0 members and 72 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

No sense in wasting it.. I'd feel better feeding it off to another snake or lizard rather than tossing it.

Over a long enough time span your going to get some funky ones born, that's the great thing about having something like the indigo there.. Just don't let it get loose in your snake room...LOL...
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

Check my available snakes at this link:
    http://www.reptileinsider.com/classi...panamared.html

I rejoined facebook... I don't feel good about it...

[/I]

2. Likes gottabsleeved, Bayou Exotics liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Recycling at it's finest!

That one would have been an insta-cull for me. I didn't want to be 'that person' but I do hope you fridged it first to dull the pain of the freeze. I'm not a big fan of that method although did use it once.

Indigos are awesome.
    I'm forever blowing bubbles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    Recycling at it's finest!

That one would have been an insta-cull for me. I didn't want to be 'that person' but I do hope you fridged it first to dull the pain of the freeze. I'm not a big fan of that method although did use it once.

Indigos are awesome.
    I never heard the fridge thing before!So it helps?My vet whos a exotic vet best reptile vet around here,sayed the babys freeze so fast it isn't near the pain that the bigger animals go through.He sayed once they get any size to them, put them down with a needle by a vet.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the pics man do you need licensing for an indigo I've always wanted one.Food is food whether it be a rat or a snake.
    Jeremiah Elleman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jere000 View Post
    Love the pics man do you need licensing for an indigo I've always wanted one.Food is food whether it be a rat or a snake.
    All yea,freezing the animals that I love and daily care for was the hard part,not feeding.Only thing you need is a interstate permit to transport across state lines.Or do what I did and search till you find one in state .Permit is $100 and takes up to 3months!Save money and be patient and watch till one comes around in state is much easier for a pet quality eastern

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gottabsleeved View Post
    I never heard the fridge thing before!So it helps?My vet whos a exotic vet best reptile vet around here,sayed the babys freeze so fast it isn't near the pain that the bigger animals go through.He sayed once they get any size to them, put them down with a needle by a vet.
    I don't want to completely derail your thread, so I apologize in advance. I had been told having them cool in the fridge before freezer can dull the painful process of the ice forming in the blood and cells. Really I don't know, I haven't seen or done any studies on it, just statements like "low temperatures do result in a state of torpor, the formation of ice crystals in the tissue is quite painful." I do know the AVMA came out and said freezing is not considered a humane form of euthanasia. As you said, for larger animals, heart stick at the vet is the way to go. For babies, I prefer blunt force trauma over freezing personally. (well I don't prefer to do it at all but it's something that has to be dealt with from time to time when breeding animals.)
    I'm forever blowing bubbles

Thread Information