Facebook

» Online Users: 46

0 members and 46 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Closing the Cage Shop?..

I decided after much thought to close the cage shop up. Orders I am building now will be the last ones. I know this news isn't what many want to hear, but I have been doing this for 12 years now. Last 2 of those years I have been thinking about getting out of the cage biz.. Makes great money, but money isn't everything..

Customers like you folks have been what has kept me doing it longer than I really wanted to, so let me say I appreciate the support!

Going to work with my snakes more, work on my house, maybe build a few things for myself....LOL... Might turn the website into a reptile supply store now that I'll have room to stock product.. Maybe even have the time to list my available snakes on my own website...LOL...

Anyone interested in a lot of work building cages for a large established customer base let me know.
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

Check my available snakes at this link:
    http://www.reptileinsider.com/classi...panamared.html

I rejoined facebook... I don't feel good about it...

[/I]

2. Thanks Gio thanked for this post
    Dislikes Bill S., gottabsleeved disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you have your reasons, but this is sad to hear. I'm sending you PM Ed.

4. Likes Gio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I support you Ed do what you need to do for you. I am very sad I won't be able to get any more of the best cages you can buy.
    Everyone has a plan until they've been hit-Joe Louis-Plato The first and the best victory is to conquer ones self.(JAY)

6. Likes Gio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bummer. I was hoping to soon get 4-footers. Very good luck in your pursuits.

8. Likes Gio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow,are you sure?When money is gone and your working for the man,you will wish you didn't.LOL..Think id go part time!But that's me!Wish you wasn't so far away as I wouldn't mind getting in to building/selling cages.But I don't have a work shop or garage,only a carport for the Camaro and a small out building that my lawn biz fills.Wish you were in driving distance thou.5 months out of the year im unemployed.

10. Likes Gio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Think id go part time!But that's me!
    Not an option, I wish it were.. orders come in they must be built.

I have no off button, if I quote a time frame I am not padding it and I hustle to get the orders out in the time frame. Even then it is like I have had kids in the back seat asking "are we there yet" on a 12 year drive...LOL... Not everyone, some of my customers are cool, hell I bullshit with them on the phone, or here on the site.. but with enough customers someone is always asking if their cage is done yet.

Only way to do it part time is to build spec cages (pre build cages and sell whats in stock) I have already thought about it..

I have pretty much paid for everything doing cages as it is so I won't be out getting a job, just breeding and selling my snakes and selling other reptile stuff..

I am all sorts of broken, knee, back, neck, permanent ringing in my ears, etc.. Cages aren't my first rodeo. They don't make replacement parts. I keep going it isn't going to get better with more abuse...LOL...

Brook has been telling me to stop for years...LOL...

Someone has a shop to do it and the skills let me know. I'll make you a deal that's instant work..
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

[/I]

12. Likes reptileman2929, kid007inplay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya Ed. Having any kind of your own business comes headache, stress, and pressure. You can't satisfy ALL customers. I've been there and done that.
    Most import thing in life is your health and family. Hopefully going forward, you can relax little more and enjoy.
    On a positive note, I guess Boaphile and Animal Plastics will be getting more orders now, lol. Wait, was that a bad joke?

Post Thanks / Like

Made my little order just in time!30"deep and custom size caging is hard to find!Building 4 sizes would make your life easier!3x24x12,3x24x18....4x24x12,4x24x18 and a pedestal,and shelf option,nothing else no exceptions!That should make you part time and make it all easy.Just stock and build more of what ever starts getting low..Before you know it youd be right back where you were at!LOL

15. Likes reptileman2929 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know I might just do some pre-built cages. I haven't had a chance to build a cage that wasn't pre ordered..

Maybe a few weeks of down time without someone pushing for me to go faster will help decide.. I still have a bunch of stuff to be built in the meanwhile..
    Ed Lilley
    www.constrictorsnw.com

[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Well , never had one but I sure want some of yours... can't you wait until after tax season

Just kidding , good luck in your future endeavors
    [I]Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.[/I]

[B]Ralph Waldo Emerson[/B]

Thread Information