Facebook

» Online Users: 112

2 members and 110 guests
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 03:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sensational Species!

It has been warming here, and the snakes have been active. I'm a multi-species keeper. I'm not a breeder or an expert, just a guy that loves nature and snakes. After buying my son a royal 5 years ago for his birthday I convinced my wife to let me get a boa constrictor, and then a carpet python and finally a reticulated SDxdwarf.

I could never pick a favorite, though my boa is VERY special. This girl here is also a snake that deserves a special place on the favorites list.

Morelia fans,,, this is a coastal carpet mix of some type. I bought her for almost nothing and didn't care what she was, although I did want a coastal for size. She was beautiful to me form day one. I especially enjoy Mother Nature colors and patterns and was not after a morph or anything shocking. She did have the cleanest, most bright pattern of the bunch but was also the largest.

Here we are almost 3 years later and I have a semi large, healthy girl here named Jewel.

She's closing in on 7 feet long and is a terrible eater. She is also the nicest, most curious, friendly snake here. There really is something about Aussie snakes when it comes to social behavior IMO. I've heard this from more than one person.

These photos were taken less than an hour ago. Enjoy Jewel,,,, again LOL!

She can eat huge items but prefers to be fed once every 2 months. Usually 2 large rats. 1 live to get her excited and the next she is OK with F/t.

Close up she is fascinating.

Honestly I don't know what she is mixed with, I'm just happy to own her.

Folks,,,, there is nothing like a good carpet python!!

2. Likes kid007inplay, Randysherps liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

She's a big beautiful animal. I always enjoy seeing your posts. I also appreciate the example you provide for other keepers.
    Randall L Turner Jr.
    RMTWGR

4. Likes Gio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randysherps View Post
    She's a big beautiful animal. I always enjoy seeing your posts. I also appreciate the example you provide for other keepers.
    She is nice sir! I enjoy the fact you are a 2007 member back here showing your stuff.
    Thanks for the kind words and let's keep this going!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe my I-Phone 7+ can pull off these closeup pictures. Not bad.

This one is only slightly different than one of the others from above. Not sure if its better or not but not bad.

7. Likes kid007inplay, Randysherps liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks very nice man! You raised her up nicely. Looking forward to seeing my bredli with some size like this. Carpet pythons are serious amazing though.
    Brian Burrell

9. Likes Gio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jefrow View Post
    Looks very nice man! You raised her up nicely. Looking forward to seeing my bredli with some size like this. Carpet pythons are serious amazing though.
    I'm also looking forward to seeing your Bredli.

I actually love the Bredli carpets. There is something about them that makes them different enough from the other carpets that makes me want one.

Make sure to post some progression pictures when you can.

Post Thanks / Like

Sensational species indeed! I thought all carpets were pigs like boas, but what do I know .
    My sole 2013 jungle carpet eats whenever offered, which is medium rat every 2 weeks.
    It's funny how you won't admit "Sniper" is your favorite snake, lol.

12. Likes Gio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kid007inplay View Post
    Sensational species indeed! I thought all carpets were pigs like boas, but what do I know .
    My sole 2013 jungle carpet eats whenever offered, which is medium rat every 2 weeks.
    It's funny how you won't admit "Sniper" is your favorite snake, lol.
    Its so hard to say I have a favorite LOL!

Yeah,,, OK Sniper is the one but around here its flavor of the day. I really like them/love them all.

At this point I don't think I could even dump the royal.

I think if I were ever able to snatch up one more, it would be a Suriname BCC first and then either a Bredli or Brisbane Coastal carpet.

Thread Information