Facebook

» Online Users: 87

1 members and 86 guests
Most users ever online was 1,700, 09-01-2015 at 04:06 PM.

» google ads

» Classifieds - Random Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Colombians

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canderson505 View Post
    Love those Colombian boas! The colors are very impressive, and nothing beats the soft, smooth feeling of a baby boa in hand.

Thanks for the 80’s photo too! I’m 45, and would go back to those days in a heartbeat. This hobby was SO different back then.

Cheers!
    Yea the hobby sucked,bad pet stores,glass tanks,heat rocks and heat lights...How did they thrive?lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gottabsleeved View Post
    Yea the hobby sucked,bad pet stores,glass tanks,heat rocks and heat lights...How did they thrive?lol
    True, there were a lot of terrible pet stores back then. You never knew what you were going to see in those shops also. It is a wonder any survived, lots of those certainly didnít. I still have a few snakes that continue to live born in the late 80ís.

Do you remember those heat rocks? Most of the rock was room temperature and the hot spot was broiling. I do miss the variety of herps from back then. The morphs are cool but I miss the locality stuff and variety of natural forms that used to be available, albeit most often wild-caught. But getting a healthy, many-generation captive bred herp nowadays is much easier and presents lots of options to the beginning hobbiests these days.

3. Likes gottabsleeved liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you know your stuff !

Post Thanks / Like

Doies Daniel know the specific area of Colombia these originated from ? . . . . I do need a Baenquilla male . . . . .

Thermostat problem made me looose another possibly irrrreplacable Boa Woman Colombian . . . .

Broke my freakkin heart when he passed . . he had the peaks and she has the best red color . . . . .

Thread Information